al dente pasta smothered in creamy sauce and baked to perfection
- COOK pasta according to package directions in a large pot of salted water. Reserve ½ cup of hot pasta water.
- HEAT a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cut sausage into ½” size pieces and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from heat.
- WHISK ½ container of Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese with 2 tbsp of hot pasta water. Add the tomato sauce & garlic and stir to combine.
- TOSS the pasta & sausage in the sauce and transfer to an 8x8” baking dish.
- COVER with foil & bake for 20 min.
- UNCOVER & bake for an additional 10 min. until sauce is bubbling.
- REMOVE from the oven.
- WHISK remaining ½ container of Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese in a small bowl with another 2-3 tbsp hot pasta water until smooth.
- POUR sauce over the pasta and garnish with basil & red pepper flakes.