carrot cake muffins
delicious carrot cake muffins stuffed with cinnamon cream cheese and topped with a spiced crumb topping
- FLOUR: 1 cup, unbleached, all-purpose
- PASTRY FLOUR: 1 cup, we used whole wheat!
- BAKING POWDER: 1 tbsp
- BAKING SODA: 1 tsp
- GROUND CINNAMON: 2 tsp
- SEA SALT: ¼ tsp
- PLANT-BASED MILK: ¾ cup
- MAPLE SYRUP: ½ cup
- CRUSHED PINEAPPLE: ¼ cup, drained
- COCONUT OIL: ¼ cup, melted
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: 1 tbsp
- CARROTS: 1 cup, grated
- RAISINS: ¼ cup
- Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese: ½ cup, The Cinnamon :D
- PASTRY FLOUR: 3 tbsp, we used whole wheat!
- SUGAR: 2 tbsp, we used coconut sugar!
- CINNAMON: ½ tsp
- SEA SALT: ⅛ tsp
- COCONUT OIL: 1 tbsp, melted
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. & grease/line a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- WHISK flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt together in a large bowl.
- WHISK milk, maple syrup, pineapple, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, & vanilla in a separate bowl.
- ADD wet ingredients to dry ingredients & stir until just combined.
- FOLD carrots & raisins into the batter.
- SPOON batter into muffin tin.
- SCOOP 2 tsp of Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese into the center of each muffin.
- SWIRL gently into the batter with a toothpick.
- WHISK flours, sugar, cinnamon, & salt in a small bowl.
- ADD coconut oil & mix w/ a rubber spatula until combined - should be crumbly & hold together when pinched!
- CRUMBLE mixture over top of muffins.
- BAKE muffins for 25-30 min., until golden & set.
- COOL before frosting.
- BEAT Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese, powdered sugar, milk, & vanilla extract until fluffy.
- TRANSFER to piping bag (a resealable bag w/ the tip cut off also works!).
- PIPE onto muffins.
- INDULGE in these creamy, sweet, spiced muffins!