chocolate ganache cake
decadent chocolate cake layered with rich chocolate ganache.
- HEAT the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas mark 4.
- SPRAY two 9-in round cake pans with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour; set aside.
- ADD flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, & sugar to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- WHISK together SperoSunflower Cream Cheese, milk, apple sauce, & vinegar in another mixing bowl.
- ADD the wet ingredients to the flour mixture & whisk to a smooth cake batter, adding a little extra milk if necessary.
- DIVIDE the batter between the prepared cake pans & bake for about 30 minutes or until a skewer or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- LEAVE the cakes in the pans for 5 minutes before turning them onto a wire rack & letting cool down completely.
- MELT the chocolate chips & coconut oil (if using) in a double boiler (or in the microwave), then add the Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese & whisk until smooth.
- PLACE one of the cooled cakes onto a serving plate or a cake stand & spread with about ¼ of the chocolate ganache. Top with the second cake & cover the cake with the remaining ganache.
- DECORATE (if desired) with fresh strawberries or raspberries just before serving.