salted caramel chocolate tart
decadently rich chocolate layered with gooey salted caramel served in a crunchy plant-based crust (no-bake!)
- GRAHAM CRACKERS: 9 sheets (1½ cups, crushed)
- CACAO POWDER: 2 tbsp
- POWDERED SUGAR: 4 tbsp or to taste (or sugar substitute)
- Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese: ½ tub, The Original :D (more as needed)
- MAPLE SYRUP: 1 cup
- PLANT-BASED BUTTER: ¼ cup
- SEA SALT FLAKES: ¼ tsp or to taste
- Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese: ½ tub, The Original :D
- Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese: 1 tub, The Chocolate :D
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS: 1 cup, semisweet or dark (optional)
- ADD all crust ingredients to a food processor and blitz until just combined. If too dry, add a tbsp of Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese (The Original) at a time to get the desired consistency.
- PRESS the mixture onto a lightly greased tart pan & place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- HEAT maple syrup in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the plant-based butter, salt, & Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese (The Original), then reduce heat to low & stir with a whisk for a few minutes, or until the caramel is golden and thickened. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- SPREAD the cooled caramel over the crust (reserving a few tbsps to decorate the tart) and let chill for 10-15 minutes in the freezer before spreading the Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese (The Chocolate) on top. Chill the tart in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- MELT the chocolate chips in a double boiler & spread evenly over the chilled tart. Let the chocolate set, then drizzle with the reserved caramel.