chocolate orange truffles
rich chocolate truffles with zesty orange chocolate filling
- MIX Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese with the orange zest (or extract) & place in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
- SCOOP out the mixture (using a small melon ball scoop or a tablespoon measuring spoon) and form into balls; transfer to a parchment paper-lined tray & place in the freezer for about half an hour or until hardened.
- FILL a small saucepan halfway w/ water & bring to a simmer. Place a heatproof bowl on top of the saucepan (the bottom of the bowl shouldn’t touch the water); add the chocolate chips & coconut oil (if using) and stir gently until melted & smooth.
- REMOVE melted chocolate from heat & let cool slightly.
- DIP the chilled balls (using a toothpick makes it easier) in melted chocolate & arrange on a parchment paper-lined tray; let cool before garnishing as desired.