Ancient Tuscan Grain pasta for best flavors
- Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese: 3/4 cup, we using The Herb
- CREMINI MUSHROOMS: 16 oz., finely chopped
- OLIVE OIL: 1 tbsp
- YELLOW ONION: 1, finely chopped
- MEDIUM CARROTS: 2-3, finely grated
- GARLIC: 3-4 Cloves, minced
- FLOUR, OR TOMATO PASTE: 1 tbsp
- CRUSHED TOMATOES: 28 oz
- VEGETABLE STOCK: 1 cup
- RED WINE: 1/2 cup
- DRIED ITALIAN HERBS: 1 tbsp
- ADD the olive oil in a dutch oven to heat up over medium high heat for 1 minute
- ADD in the finely chopped (the smaller, the better) mushrooms, minced garlic, and finely chopped yellow onion
- SAUTÉ for 3-4 minutes, or until most of the moisture from the mushrooms is released
- STIR IN the finely grated carrots (which will help mix traditional bolognese texture)
- STIR IN the flour or tomato paste, and dried herbs
- ADD the red wine to cook down for 2-3 minutes
- STIR IN the crushed tomatoes and broth
- STIR IN Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese, until all ingredients are well-combined.
- BRING to a boil, then simmer with a lid for 10-15 minutes.
do you have a recipe to share?
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device