clouds of creamy cheese stuffed in beet ravioli with pesto
BEET PASTA DOUGH
- FLOUR: 1¼ cup, all purpose
- SEMOLINA FLOUR: 1 cup semolina flour
- SALT: ½ tsp
- WATER: ½ cup
- BEET JUICE: ¼ cup
- EVOO: 2 tsp
PARSLEY AND PUMPKIN SEED PESTO
- PUMPKIN SEEDS: ½ cup
- PARSLEY: 2 cups
- LEMON: 1, juiced
- GARLIC: 2 cloves
- EVOO: ½ cup
- NUTRITIONAL YEAST: 1 tbsp
- MIX Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese & herbs together in a bowl.
- MIX all ingredients together in a bowl until a dough is formed.
- TURN out dough onto a floured surface & knead for 5-8 minutes, until smoooth & elastic.
- PLACE dough in a bowl, cover w/ a towel, and put it in the fridge for 30 min. to an hour.
- DIVIDE dough into 4 equal portions & roll each section out onto the floured surface w/ a rolling pin (or wine bottle!) until each section is approx. a foot & a half by 4 inches.
- DOLLOP filling down the length of 1 dough sheet (approx. 6 per sheet!), spaced evenly.
- Brush a little water around the cheese center & place a second sheet of dough on top.
- PRESS gently around each ravioli to help push out the air & seal.
- CUT raviolis with a ravioli stamp/cutter & place onto a floured surface.
- PRESS edges of the raviolis together with a fork to finish sealing them.
COOK THE RAVIOLIS
- BRING a pot of salted water to a boil & pop your raviolis in.
- TURN down heat to low & cook for 8 min. *they're extra delicate - don't cook in a rolling boil!
- DRAIN & drizzle lightly w/ oil to prevent sticking.
- PUREÉ ingredients in a food processor.
- HEAT gently in a small pan w/ a little water before serving.
- SPOON warm pesto over raviolis & garnish w/ parsley, salt, & pepper (to taste!)
- INDULGE in your new fave fluffy, creamy, pesto-y ravioli!