Red Sauce Pasta
creamy red sauce pasta
penne pasta smothered in creamy red sauce
- COOK pasta according to package directions in a large pot of salted water. Reserve 1 cup of hot pasta water.
- HEAT a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil then cook tomato paste until fragrant & the color changes to a deep red.
- ADD garlic & continue to cook for 1-2 min.
- WHISK in ½ cup of the hot pasta water followed by Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese. *If the sauce is too thick, continue adding water 2 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- TOSS pasta in the sauce.
- SPRINKLE with parmesan and fresh parsley, if desired.