Deep Dish Pizza
deep dish pizza
thick pizza crust loaded with creamy cheese & toppings galore!
- SPREAD 2 tbsp olive oil across bottom & sides of a 9-10” cast iron skillet.
- PLACE pizza dough into skillet & gently press toward edges of skillet. *It’s ok if it doesn’t reach the sides immediately.
- ALLOW dough to rest for 10-15 minutes & gently press toward edges again.
- COVER skillet with a damp towel & allow dough to rise for 30-45 min.
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- SAUTÉ any vegetable toppings in a skillet to remove moisture. *This can be done ahead of time & set aside until needed.
- BAKE pizza dough for 10 min. Meanwhile, whisk 2-3tbsp of hot water into one container of Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese until it is a smooth and spreadable consistency.
- REMOVE dough from the oven & top with tomato sauce, Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese, and any toppings.
- BAKE for an additional 10-15 min. or until crust is golden brown & pulling away from the edge of the skillet.
- GARNISH with basil & red pepper flakes if desired.
- INDULGE in your new fave cheesy deep dish pizza!