French Toast Casserole
french toast casserole
French Toast Casserole with Strawberries, Fresh Square Roots Basil, and Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese Topping
We've teamed up with our friends at Square Roots to save the planet AND your tastebuds! This sweet, cinnamon-y, basil-y, cream cheese-y breakfast dish makes it easy to eat your greens. Especially when they're grown in indoor farms that recreate ideal growing climates from around the world, providing fresh, local, flavorful greens all year round, in any urban location!
- GROUND FLAXSEEDS: 2 tbsp
- WATER: 6 tbsp
- LOAF OF BREAD: your choice, cut into cubes
- NON-DAIRY MILK: 1 ½ cups, your choice
- VANILLA EXTRACT: 2 tsp
- CINNAMON: 2 tsp
- MAPLE SYRUP: 2 tbsp
- Square Roots Basil: ½ cup, chopped
- STRAWBERRIES: 1 cup, cut into bite size pieces (or berry of choice)
SUNFLOWER™ CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
- MIX ground flaxseeds with water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- CUT bread into cubes and place in a well-greased baking dish.
- PREHEAT the oven to 350º.
- WHISK non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, and flaxseed mixture together.
- POUR the mixture onto the bread, top with berries and basil, and mix. Let sit for 10 minutes or overnight.
- BAKE french toast casserole for 35-40 minutes until set.