tender, flaky, crispy fried 'calamari' rings, finger-lickin' deliciousness!
- GLUTEN FREE FLOUR:1/2 cup of (regular flour can be used as well)
- COLD WATER: 1/2 cup
- Spero Pepita Egg: 1/4 cup
- SALT: 1/2 tsp
- GARLIC POWDER:1/2 tsp
- OIL:1/2 - 1 cup
- PALM OF HEARTS: 1 can
- LEMON WEDGES: 2
- PLANT-BASED TARTAR SAUCE
- ADD flour, salt, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- ADD Spero Pepita Egg and mix using a whisk.
- ADD water in small amounts as slowly as batter, should not get too runny. the batter should be runny enough to drip off spoon but firm enough to stick to palm of heart pieces.
- OPEN can of palm of hearts and drain. take the sticks and cut the roll into about 1-inch pieces. gently push out the center piece of the roll to create the classic calamari look.
- PREPARE a plate with paper towels to blot calamari after frying.
- PREHEAT pan with oil at medium to high heat.
- BATTER palm of heart pieces and transfer into oil to fry. Fry each side until golden, then flip (this is about 2 minutes per side).
- SLICE lemon to drizzle over finished calamari while eating. Pair with tartar sauce of choice.
do you have a recipe to share?
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device