Mac n Cheese
mac n cheese
creamy, cheesy, & worth every delicious, craveworthy bite!
- PASTA: 8 oz, we used Cavatappi!
- BUTTER: 4 tbsp, melted, we used vegan!
- FLOUR: 3 tbsp, we used all purpose!
- Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese: 1/2 tub, we love using The Original or The Smoked :D
- PLANT-BASED MILK: 1 cup
- GARLIC POWDER: ½ tsp
- MOZZ SHREDS: ¾ cup, we used vegan!
- CHEDDAR SHREDS: ¾ cup, we used vegan!
- SPICES: salt & pepp, to taste
FOR BREADCRUMB TOPPING
- PANKO: ⅓ cup
- BUTTER: 2 tbsp, we used vegan!
- COOK pasta al dente according to the package's instructions. Drain it and set it to the side.
- HEAT butter over medium heat in the same pot used by the pasta.
- STIR in the flour one tablespoon at a time. Once the flour is dissolved, stir in the plant-based milk (or veggie broth) and bring to a boil. Then remove it from the heat.
- ADD Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese, garlic powder, and shredded cheese and mix until combined.
- ADD the pasta back into the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- POUR the mixture into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- HEAT butter in a pan over medium heat. Then add the breadcrumbs into the pan and toast until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- SPRINKLE breadcrumbs on top.
- BAKE for 20 minutes.
- INDULGE in your new fave cheesy, mac n' cheese!