al dente pasta smothered in creamy mushroom sauce
- Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese: 1 tub, we love The Original or any savory flavor :D
- MILK: 1½ cups, we used coconut!
- ONION: 1, red
- GARLIC: 2-3 cloves
- MUSHROOMS: 2 cups, we used Cremini but any kind will do!
- PASTA: 1 package, Fettuccine
- PARSLEY OR CHIVES: 3 tbsp, fresh or dried
- OIL: 2 tbsp, we love avocado or EVOO (optional)
- SPICES: red pepper flakes and salt & pepp, to taste
- LEMON: 1, zested & juiced (optional)
- MINCE onion into large pieces (approx. 1cm x 1cm) & garlic cloves into finely chopped bits.
- SLICE mushrooms into 1-inch pieces. The larger size helps maintain their meaty texture in pasta!
- SAUTE onion & garlic (in oil, if desired) in a pan at medium-high heat for 2 min.
- ADD mushrooms and lemon zest and juice to the pan & cook for another 2 min.
- COOK pasta - follow the package's instructions!
- BLEND Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese & milk until nice & smooooth.
- ADD blended sauce into the pan and warm w/ the veggies. Then, add the pasta & give it a good saucy stir. *If the sauce is too thick, add a little milk until you reach desired consistency.
- TASTE your carbonara & add red chili flakes and salt & pepp as you like!
- GARNISH w/ parsley or chives.
- INDULGE in your new fave creamy, shroomy Carbonara!