Plant-based Korean Style Corn Dogs
plant-based korean style corn dogs
- BREAD FLOUR: 1 cup
- RICE FLOUR: 1/4 cup, if unavailable, substitute more bread flour
- SALT: 1 tsp
- GRANULATED SUGAR: 2 1/2 tbsp
- LARGE FLAX EGG: 1 (1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- WARM WATER: 3 oz.
- INSTANT YEAST: 1 tsp
- PANKO BREAD CRUMBS: 1/2 cup
- FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES (OPTIONAL): 2 cups, chopped into 1/2" cubes
hot dogs & cheese
- PLANT-BASED HOT DOGS: 3
- PLANT-BASED MOZZARELLA CHEESE: 4 oz. cut into 3/4"x2" sticks
- COOKING OIL SPRAY: for air fryer
- WHISK bread flour, rice flour, salt, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- WHISK the flaxseed egg and water together in a separate bowl. Add yeast and whisk to incorporate.
- ADD the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir to combine. Once a ball of dough is formed, cover the bowl with a damp towel and place it in a warm spot to proof for at least 1 hour.
- SKEWER a whole hot dog onto a skewer leaving 2 inches for a handle for a regular corn dog. For a combination dog, cut a hot dog in half and skewer it followed by a block of cheese. Dip dogs in Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese The Smoked or The Cheddar or Both! Cover dogs completely in cream cheese.
- PLACE in the freezer to set on a parchment-lined tray for about 30 minutes.
- HEAT air fryer to 350 F
- DIP a skewer into the batter and wrap the dough around the hot dogs. Using wet fingertips pinch off the excess dough and smooth it into an even layer.
- ROLL the skewers into French fries or bread crumbs until evenly coated. If using French fries be sure to press firmly so they stick to the batter.
- SPRAY air fryer and corn dogs with cooking oil spray. Working in batches place the corn dogs in an even layer in the air fryer. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 15 mins. Sprinkle each plant-based Korean corn dog with a teaspoon of sugar and generous drizzles of Spero.