pumpkin spice donuts
filled with cinnamon cream cheese frosting
- PASTRY FLOUR: 3 ¾ cup, plus more for dusting!
- INSTANT YEAST: 1 pkg
- SALT: 1 tsp salt
- PUMPKIN SPICE: 1 tbsp
- PLANT-BASED MILK: 1 ½ cup
- MAPLE SYRUP: ¼ cup
- PUMPKIN PUREE: 2 tbsp
- VANILLA EXTRACT: 1 tsp
- COCONUT OIL: ¼ cup
- WHISK flour, yeast, salt, & pumpkin spice & set aside.
- WHISK milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, & vanilla extract in a small pot over medium-low. Heat 2 min., until warm.
- ADD milky mixture to flour mixture & stir until just combined. Don't over-mix!
- TRANSFER dough into a greased mixing bowl & cover w/ a clean towel. Place it in a warm spot & let it rise for 1 hour.
- SPRINKLE extra flour onto a clean surface & lay out the dough.
- ROLL with a rolling pin (or wine bottle!) gently to about ½ inch thickness.
- CUT dough into 12 donuts using a 3-inch biscuit cutter.
- HEAT coconut oil over medium-high In a skillet.
- LINE a plate with paper towels.
- ADD donuts to the hot skillet a couple at a time & cook for 30-60 seconds per side, until golden & fluffy!
- PLACE finished ones onto the paper towel-lined plate.
- WHISK Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, & pumpkin puree until smooth.
- TRANSFER to a piping bag w/ a long narrow filling tip.
- POKE a hole in the side of each donut w/ a chopstick to make room for the filling.
- SLIDE filling tip into each hole & pipe out filling while slowly pulling it out.
- WHISK Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese, milk, maple syrup, & vanilla extract. If mixture is too thick, add 1 tsp milk as needed!
- DRIZZLE over donuts.
- INDULGE in your new fave creamy, satisfying donuts!