potatoes au gratin, layered in creamy sauce and baked to crispy perfection
- POTATOES: 3 lbs, we used Yukon gold!
- Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese: 2 tubs, The Original :D
- DIJON MUSTARD: 1 tbsp
- WHITE MISO PASTE: 1½ tsp
- NUTRITIONAL YEAST: ½ cup
- PAPRIKA: ¼ tsp
- GARLIC: 1 clove, minced
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: 1 tsp
- VEGGIE BROTH: 1¼ cups (or use water or plant based milk)
- SPICES: Salt & pepper, to taste
- VEGAN PARMESAN: ¾ cup, grated
- PANKO: ¾ cup
- GARLIC: 2 cloves, minced
- OLIVE OIL: 2 tbsp
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- ADD panko, olive oil, & garlic to a skillet & cook over medium heat. Stir often until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Transfer to a bowl & set aside.
- BLEND Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese, mustard, miso, nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic, apple cider vinegar, veggie broth, & spices in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- TASTE & season as you like! The sauce should be a pourable consistency. *Add more water or broth if needed!
- WASH potatoes & slice thinly. Aim for ⅛” thickness. *Use a mandoline if possible!
- TOSS potato slices in the sauce in a large bowl until evenly coated.
- TRANSFER half of the potatoes to a 8x8” baking dish.
- ARRANGE potatoes so that layers reach the sides of the dish & the top is as flat as possible.
- SPRINKLE with salt, pepper, & half of the parmesan. Layer the remaining potatoes on top.
- POUR additional sauce into the corners & crevices, then top with the remaining parmesan & breadcrumbs.
- COVER the dish with foil & cook for approx. 45 min.
- REMOVE foil & cook for an additional 10-15 min. Test for doneness by poking with a sharp knife. The potatoes should be completely tender.
- INDULGE in your new fave scalloped potatoes!