chocolatey, creamy, cheesy goodness!
prep time: 20 minutes. cook time: 15 minutes.
- PECANS: ¾ cup pecans
- DATES: ¾ cup dates
- COCONUT OIL: 2 tsp
- WHIPPED CREAM: ½ cup, we used vegan!
- CHOCOLATE SHAVINGS: 2 tbsp, we used vegan!
- PRE-HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BLEND pecans, dates, & coconut oil in a food processor until small bits remain & it forms into a ball, then remove & set aside.
- CUT out parchment paper into a round shape for the cheesecake base.
- PLACE pecan & date crust into a 6-inch spring-form pan & carefully press w/ fingers to distribute. *Pack down w/ a small glass or back of a spoon!
- BAKE crust for approx. 10 min, then remove & keep aside.
- COMBINE milk, cocoa powder (if using!), agave syrup, & agar powder in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- WHISK continuously & bring to a boil, then bring heat down to low & simmer for 2 min. (still whisking!), then remove from heat.
- MIX Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese in a separate bowl, then add milky mixture little by little & mix.
- POUR mixture over the crust!
- TAP (gently!) the spring-form pan over the counter to remove any bubbles.
- SET pan aside to cool for 20 min. uncovered, then cover with foil & place in the fridge to chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- LOOSEN the cheesecake by running a knife along the edge & remove from pan.
- LAYER w/ whipped cream & chocolate shavings.
- INDULGE in this creamy, dreamy, cheesy cake!