crisp focaccia pizza loaded with creamy cheese & veggies
- PIZZA DOUGH: store-bought, your choice! *If you're feelin' adventurous, we included ingredients & instructions for homemade pizza crust, too!
- Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese: 1 tub, The Smoked :D
- KALE: 1 bunch, stemmed
- TOMATOES: 12, cherry, halved
- SUN-DRIED TOMATOES: 3, thinly sliced
- LEMON: for zestin'!
HOMEMADE PIZZA CRUST
- FLOUR: 2½ cups, unbleached, bread or all purpose
- SEA SALT: 1 tsp
- YEAST: 1 tsp, instant
- PLANT-BASED OIL: 3 tbsp, we love avocado or EVOO
- WATER: 1 cup, room temp.
- BAKE your pizza crust, per the box's instructions!
- REMOVE from the oven & spread a thick layer of Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese onto the crust.
- TOP w/ kale, cherry tomatoes, & sun-dried tomatoes.
- BAKE for another 5-6 min. or until the pizza is nice & crisp!
- TOP with extra Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese & lemon zest for a citrusy punch!
- INDULGE in your new fave smoky, cheesy, veggie pizza!
FOR HOMEMADE CRUST...
- STIR flour, salt, & yeast in a large bowl. Add water & oil and mix until a wet sticky ball forms. *You can also use a stand mixer!
- PLOP the dough onto a floured surface & sprinkle a little more flour on top. Pick it up & fold it in half. Turn the ball 90 degrees, pick it up & fold again. Continue kneading for approx. 10 min. or until the dough has become smooooth & elastic. *If using a stand mixer, you can use it w/ a dough hook to knead the dough for 10 min.
- FORM your dough into a ball & put it into a large oiled mixing bowl. Cover with a towel/plastic wrap & leave it on your counter for 2-3 hours. The dough should double in size!
- PUNCH your dough down, form into 2 balls, then put them back into the oiled mixing bowl. Cover & let 'em rest for 1 hour.
- PLACE each dough ball onto the center of a small oiled sheet pan. Using the flat part of your hand, stretch out the dough as far as possible (to about ¼-½ inch thickness). Cover with a towel/plastic wrap & let 'em rest for 1 hour.
- HEAT the oven to 450°F & place the sheet pans on the middle rack. Bake for 8-10 minutes, turning the pan once at 4-5 min.