al dente fettuccine smothered in creamy, cheesy alfredo sauce
- BREADCRUMBS: ¼ cup, panko or other
- PLANT-BASED OIL: 2 tbsp, we love avocado or EVOO
- SALT: ½ tsp
- GARLIC: 1 clove, grated
- PASTA: 8 oz
- PLANT-BASED OIL: 2 tbsp
- GARLIC: 2-3 cloves
- ONION: 1, diced
- Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese:1 tub, we love The Original or any savory flavor :D
- CHEESE: ¼ cup, plant-based parmesan, grated OR 2 tbsp, nutritional yeast
- VEGGIE STOCK: ⅔ cup, we also love using pasta water instead
- SPICES: Salt & pepp, to taste
- PARSLEY: 2 tbsp, roughly chopped
- BOIL a big pot of salted water & cook pasta.
- HEAT a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil & garlic, then crumbs & salt. Stir it up & cook (stirring occasionally for 5-7 min.) until crumbs are golden. Move 'em to a bowl & wipe the skillet.
- SAUTE onion & garlic in skillet, medium heat, until translucent, 5-ish min.
- BLEND onion & garlic, Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese, plant-based parm, veggie stock/pasta water, & salt & pepp on high until smooooth. Taste & season as you like!
- POUR sauce back into the pan & give it some gentle, low heat while you drain the cooked pasta.
- TOSS pasta with sauce & garnish with parsley & toasted garlic breadcrumbs.
- INDULGE in your new fave creamy, cheesy alfredo fettuccine!
So I’m not going to lie. I did not like the original cheese at all. But I didnt want it to go to waste, so I decided to make this recipe. It’s DELICIOUS! Like I would buy the original again just to make this. I used vegan mozzarella shreds instead of vegan parm.