plant-based "crab" rangoon
crispy wonton puffs are bursting with a creamy sea-inspired filling
- DULSE/DRIED SEAWEED: 2 tsp
- GARLIC: 1 clove
- ARTICHOKE HEARTS: ½ cup, drained
- Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese: ⅔ cup, The Original :D
- SCALLIONS: ¼ cup, chopped
- WONTON WRAPPERS: 16, we used plant-based!
- OIL: ¼ cup, for frying, we love avocado or EVOO!
- SQUEEZE artichoke hearts between 2 paper towels - remove as much water as possible!
- PULSE dulse, garlic, & artichoke hearts a few times in a food processor to finely chop.
- MIX w/ Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese.
- STIR in 3 tbsp scallions.
- SET a small bowl of water on the counter.
- LAY wonton wrappers on a clean surface.
- SPOON approx. 2 tsp cheese mixture Spero mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- DIP a fingertip in the bowl of water & gently run it around the perimeter of the wrapper to wet the edges.
- FOLD corners into the center to envelop the filling, sealing the edges together by gently pinching.
- HEAT oil over medium-high heat in a large pan.
- ADD wontons to pan (in batches, if needed!), cook 2-3 min. per side, then remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- SERVE wontons with your favorite dipping sauce & garnish with remaining scallions.
- INDULGE in your new fave crispy, creamy, oh-so-satisfying "crab" rangoon!
do you have a recipe to share?
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device