creamy pumpkin soup topped with crunchy pumpkin seeds
- PLANT-BASED OIL: 2 tbsps, we love avocado and EVOO!
- FRESH SAGE LEAVES: 8
- MEDIUM ONION: 1, diced
- GARLIC: 2 cloves, minced
- PUMPKIN/SQUASH: your choice! 5 cups, peeled, de-seeded, & diced
- BRAEBURN/GRANNY SMITH APPLE: 1 (medium), peeled, cored, & diced
- VEGGIE BROTH/WATER: 4 cups
- SPICES: allspice and/or cinnamon, 1 tsp
- FRESH THYME: 1-2 sprigs
- Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese: 1 tub, The Original :D
- WATER: to thin, as needed
- SEASONING: salt & pepp, to taste
- HEAT oil in a big saucepan over medium heat.
- ADD sage leaves & fry for a few seconds, then remove with a slotted spoon & set aside.
- ADD onions to the saucepan & sauté until softened (2-3 min.)
- STIR in garlic, pumpkin, & apple & cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- ADD spices, thyme, & broth. season to taste!
- BRING soup to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium-low & cover partially w/ a lid.
- COOK until the pumpkin is nice & tender, approx. 15 min.
- ADD Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese (all but 2 tbsp!) to the soup.
- TRANSFER to a blender & puree to desired consistency. *add broth or water if too thick.
- RETURN soup to the saucepan & reheat. Taste-test & season as you like!
- WHISK leftover Spero Sunflower™ Cream Cheese w/ water (add little by little!) until thick & creamy.
- LADLE soup into bowls & garnish w/ a swirl of the creamy mixture.
- TOP w/ pumpkin seeds, thyme, & sage leaves.
- INDULGE in your new face cozy, creamy, dreamy pumpkin soup!