Super creamy, super delicious. What more to ask? Try out our new recipe now!
- PENNE OR OTHER PASTA: 1 pound
- OLIVE OIL: 3 tablespoons
- SHALLOT: 1, minced
- GARLIC: 2 cloves, minced
- CHILI FLAKES: 1 tablespoon
- TOMATO PASTE: 6 oz
- Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese: 1 tub The Original
- SALT AND PEPPER: 1 Pinch
- VODKA: 2 tablespoons, optional
- VEGAN PARMESAN AND BASIL: for garnishing
- BRING a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- COOK the pasta according to package directions and then drain, reserving some of the pasta water for the sauce.
- HEAT the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- COOK the shallot and garlic for 2-3 minutes until tender and fragrant.
- ADD the tomato paste and chili flakes to the pan and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the tomato paste is a deeper red color.
- TRANSFER to a blender along with 1 container of Spero original, salt, pepper, 1 1/2 cups of pasta water and vodka, if using.
- BLEND on high speed until smooth.
- TASTE and adjust salt and pepper as desired.
- TOSS the cooked pasta in the vodka sauce and top with vegan parmesan, cracked pepper and chopped basil.
do you have a recipe to share?
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device