white chocolate strawberry cake
fluffy white chocolate cake layered with strawberry cream cheese filling & fresh berries
- FLOUR OF CHOICE: 3 cups
- BAKING POWDER: 2 tsp
- BAKING SODA: 1 tsp
- SUGAR: 1-⅓ cup (or sugar substitute)
- Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese: 1 tub, we recommend The Original :D
- NON-DAIRY MILK: 1 cup (plus extra if needed)
- APPLE SAUCE: ½ cup
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: 2 tbsp
- VANILLA EXTRACT: 2 tsp
- HEAT the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas mark 4.
- SPRAY two 9-in round cake pans with cooking spray & lightly dust with flour; set aside.
- ADD flour, baking powder, baking soda, & sugar to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- WHISK together Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese, non-dairy milk, apple sauce, vinegar, & vanilla in another mixing bowl.
- ADD the wet ingredients to the flour mixture & whisk into a smooth cake batter, adding a little extra milk if necessary.
- DIVIDE the batter between the prepared cake pans & bake for about 30 minutes or until a skewer or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- LEAVE the cakes in the pans for 5 minutes before turning them onto a wire rack & letting cool down completely.
- MELT the white chocolate chips & coconut oil (if using) in a double boiler (or in the microwave), then add the Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese & whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- PLACE one of the cooled cakes onto a serving plate or a cake stand & spread with about ¼ of the white chocolate ganache. Scatter sliced strawberries over the ganache & top with the second cake.
- SPREAD the remaining ganache over the cake & decorate with fresh strawberries before serving.
do you have a recipe to share?
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device